Single Crochet Stitch with step by step photos and video tutorial. Single Crochet (sc); it is the shortest of the basic stitches in crochet. This stitch makes a firm and flat fabric so it is very useful stitch. 🙂
Let us see some of the uses of Single Crochet Stitch-
1.Used to make boarders of items like sweater, socks, hand-warmer or for anything that needs little tight but stretchable border.
2. This stitch is often used to finish edges of other stitch patterns.
3. This stitch is very useful to get scalloped edge for decorative items.
4. For Amigurumi- Mostly all amigurumies are done with this stitch.
5. For bag’s base and handles because as mentioned earlier this stitch gives very firm fabric.
6. If you want to do some Cross Stitching work on your baby’s nightwear or your phone cover this stitch will give you great base.
Now, after seeing its uses above; you must be curious to learn Single Crochet Stitch so lets dive in. 🙂
How to make Single Crochet stitch-
Step 1: Insert hook in 2nd chain from the hook.
Step 2: Wrap yarn around the hook. Draw the loop through the chain- now 2 loops on the hook. Wrap yarn around the hook and draw through 2 loops to complete the single crochet stitch.
Generally each single crochet is made in each chain across row; after last stitch make chain 1 and turn the work.
Then insert the hook in 1st stitch, make single crochet and thus start 2nd row.
You can watch the video here: How to make single crochet stitch
I hope you enjoyed this post, please let me know your comments they are really valuable for me!
Now it's your turn to SHARE THIS & Spread the joy of CREATIVITY